Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I COULD NOT GET INTO MY APPLE ACCOUNT, SO MY DAUGHTER TRIED…

Customer Question
GOOD MORNING! I COULD...

GOOD MORNING! I COULD NOT GET INTO MY APPLE ACCOUNT, SO MY DAUGHTER TRIED TO USING HER NAME... (LONG TIME AGO) JUST TODAY I HAD REQUESTED A PASSWORD ***** BECAUSE I HAD FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD.. MY EMAIL INFO FROM APPLE NOW HAS HER NAME ON IT...WHAT CAN I DO TO SET UP MY OWN ACCOUNT WITHOUT MESSING UP HER ACCOUNT??? MY NAME IS***** *****@******.***....thank you for your help....

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just tried to get a new password ***** reset, but now it has her name on my account instead of my name...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of...

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

You can set up your own account Janet by using my link below

https://appleid.apple.com/account

You can then use this new account going forward Janet

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
RICHARD, IT IS NOT ACCEPTING MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO SET UP NEW ACCT...SAID THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ALREADY EXISTED WHICH IS MINE.....

that means then you already have an account with the email address, so you either need to use that one or use a different email address.

What is the address you are using?

Richard, Apple Software Engineer