Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I COULD NOT GET INTO MY APPLE ACCOUNT, SO MY DAUGHTER TRIED

Customer Question

GOOD MORNING! I COULD NOT GET INTO MY APPLE ACCOUNT, SO MY DAUGHTER TRIED TO USING HER NAME... (LONG TIME AGO) JUST TODAY I HAD REQUESTED A PASSWORD ***** BECAUSE I HAD FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD.. MY EMAIL INFO FROM APPLE NOW HAS HER NAME ON IT...WHAT CAN I DO TO SET UP MY OWN ACCOUNT WITHOUT MESSING UP HER ACCOUNT??? MY NAME IS***** *****@******.***....thank you for your help....
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: no
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just tried to get a new password ***** reset, but now it has her name on my account instead of my name...
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You can set up your own account Janet by using my link below

https://appleid.apple.com/account

You can then use this new account going forward Janet

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
RICHARD, IT IS NOT ACCEPTING MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO SET UP NEW ACCT...SAID THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ALREADY EXISTED WHICH IS MINE.....
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

that means then you already have an account with the email address, so you either need to use that one or use a different email address.

What is the address you are using?