Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How to start a IPOD AIR 2, HP, YES, NO

Customer Question

How to start a IPOD AIR 2
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is your iPad showing now ?

Is this a new iPad ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
enter passcode
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Sorry for the delayed response. Don't you know the passcode you setup with this iPad ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

When you setup the iPad for first time, it would ask you to setup a 4 or 6 digit passcode. If you setup it and forgot it, then you have to reset the iPad to factory settings which will delete everything from it.

So did you forget the passcode you setup with it ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your iPad without the passcode (without erasing it). Your only option is erase the iPad from iCloud or force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also re download all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ? Were you able to fix the issue ?