Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I'm trying to print out my text messages so that I can keep

Customer Question

I'm trying to print out my text messages so that I can keep the ones between my children and me. I have icloud but cannot find my messages. Please help me.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: where can I FIND THAT?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: There is one waiting for me, but I'm current except for that one.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I don't know where to start. Should my text messages be on the icloud?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I don't think so
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

this you cannot doe via iClud, you need a separate software program for this

The best program for this is Phone view which you can get here

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

You install it and then connect your iPhone to the computer and it will download all the text messages plus any other content

You can then print and save these texts no different to printing anything from your computer

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have a mac; I have a pc. I do have an iphone and ipad. Does the phoneview you suggested work with a pc?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

No, it only works for windows (sorry it said you had a mac here)

For the PC you use a program called Anytrans which you can get here

https://www.imobie.com/anytrans/

After downloading and installing AnyTrans on computer and install it, you can easily print iPhone texts/SMS now by following the 3 steps below.

Step 1. Run AnyTrans and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable > After AnyTrans recognizes you device, scroll down to click "Messages" category to view all messages.

How to Print Text Messages from iPhone 6 - Step 1

Step 2. Select the text messages you want to print > Export them to computer by clicking "To Computer".

How to Print Text Messages from iPhone 6 - Step 2

Step 3. Open exported file on computer > Print out exported iPhone text messages by using printer.

This works on both the iPhone and iPad