Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I just installed Aperture 3 on my Macbook Pro. Going through

Customer Question
I just installed Aperture 3...
I just installed Aperture 3 on my Macbook Pro. Going through the lesson from the Aperture manual it tells me to open the Places in the inspector. When I do this it tells me that the page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details. What am I to do?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 2011 model using Loin OS
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just all of the updates for Aperture
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't know anything about JavaScript console.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That would be all unless they give instructions that I don't understand.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
11/28/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

I do not want receive Secure Remote Assistance. I just want to receive the answer on this page.

Allright, to fix this issue you need to make sure that you download, open and in stall the Java update for Lion. You can get it from t his link

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Once downloaded, m ake sure you open it and install it.

Once installed, restart your mac and then test Aperture.

Let me know if youre still having troubles, or if everything is working now.

Dustin S

Thank you Dustin, I downloaded the Java and the upgrade , restarted the computer you instructed. When I opened Aperture, the map displayed for a split second and then the Oops screen showed up again and when I shut Aperture down and reopened it, the map did not show up at all. It is a mystery.Jerry R

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you Jerry. Ive been away from work recently.

You should try this step next, and let me know the results.

• Quit Aperture.
  • In the Finder choose "Go to folder" from the Go menu.
  • Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. Press the Go button.
  • Remove the "com.apple.Aperture.plist" file from the Preferences folder.
  • Restart your compute
Thank you. I do not have any "com.apple.Aperture.plist" in that Preferences folder. The entries go from "com.apple.alf.plist"to "com.apple.AppleFile Server.plist" with no "plist" entries in between.Jerry
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist