Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

When I double click on a photo in iPhoto it will not

Customer Question
enlarge JA: What OS X (Operating...
when I double click on a photo in iPhoto it will not enlarge
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Sierra
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: have tried library repair
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets try this repair first..

Open your user library in your Home folder and delete the following files:

• ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.photos.plist if it exists
  • Delete the complete folder ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Photos
  • Then restart the system and try again to launch iPhoto

Your user library is hidden by default. To open the hidden User Library:

• Use the Finder's "Go" menu.
  • Click "Go", then hold down the options key, until you are seeing "Library" in the drop down menu appear and click it.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

I havent heard back from you in some time. At this point I am going to opt out and assume you have sought help elsewhere.

Since we werent able to assist you, you may be interested in the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 1 year ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Do you still need help?

Mike, Mac Medic