Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

Recently i've installed one of program on my iMAc and I also

Customer Question

Hi, recently i've installed one of program on my iMAc and I also installed (unintetionaly) TurboMac. I delete some of programs also with new CleanmyMAc 3, but still I have it in my Chorm. What do you suggest to do? Thanks, Robert
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I'm an owner since 2010, but of course I'm not IT guru
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have auto update
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Also I've tried with MacKeep, but only trial version as I didn't like to buy it, if I'm not sure to get ride of TurboMac, what MacKeep can't promissed me
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also I've tried to lacte in Library, preference - Chrome files and restore it to earlier date, but still I got TurboMac adds. Also I install block adds in Chorme
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

Hi there my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. After reviewing your issue most of the apps you are speaking of sound like adware/malware. So basically what needs to happen is that we would need to remove most of those programs, however just dragging them to the trash will not kill most of these apps and there are other folders that they will need to be deleted from.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what is next step
Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

I can send you some instructions to help clean your mac up or if you are not comfortable with that on your own I can remote into your mac and do this for you. Let me know what you would like to do.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please, send me instructions
Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

OK. Please allow me a couple minutes to prepare those instructions for you.

Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

Basically, before you even start to remove TurboMac from you mac, the best thing would be to try and delete all cleanup apps you might have installed to help you fix this issue as most of those are adware. You will want to look for these apps in several locations. This link describes all the places you will want to hunt for within your mac. http://www.cultofmac.com/90060/how-to-completely-uninstall-software-under-mac-os-x-macrx/

However, this site above may seem overwhelming. Please do not worry and go step by step. I would type step by step but I did not want you to wait any longer.

Once you have tried to uninstall all these programs within all the places mentioned in the link above. You will want to run https://www.malwarebytes.com/antimalware/mac/ (the only one I trust). Then in chrome check for any wierd "extensions" especially turbomac or any names that are associated with the ones you mentioned in your original question. Also, remove any extensions that may seem "shady".

Removing extensions in chrome:

1. Click the hamburger menu icon on the Google Chrome toolbar and then More tools.
  2. Select More tools from the menu.
  3. Select Extensions from the side menu.
  4. Click the trash can icon link next to the extension you wish to remove.

Even though you use chrome, you can also check your safari extensions or firefox.

Let me know how it goes and remember, I am here to help so ask any questions and I can always remote in to help.

Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

If this helps in anyway, please think about rating my services.

Thanks for your time.

Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

Just wanted to checkin and see how things were going with your "Turbomac" issue. If any part of the instructions helped out at all, please consider to rate my service. If not please let me know how I can help.

Thanks for you time.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've followed instructions but still have this issue. Naemly there is no more program files (at least I can't find them) Turbomac, also I've installed antimaleware program, which cleaned my disk, but still I've got adds in Chrome from Turbomac.
Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry you are still having this Turbo mac issue. At this point, I can remote into your mac and take a look and see if we can't get rid of the turbomac issue completely.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How long it will take on remote to solve this issue? and will you use TeamViewer
Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

Yes, I would be using TeamViewer however, I am not exactly sure how long it could take but we can always disconnect when you need me to.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When you can connect via Teamviwer? Namely I'll be at that time with my Mac and will not leave my MAc "open" for whole time without my presence.
Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

I am ready now if you would like or let me know when it is convenient for you. Attached is the instructions for you to connect via team viewer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm ready now and will have time for another three hours.