Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

Have iPhone 4S - turned itself off yesterday - and won't

Customer Question

Have iPhone 4S - turned itself off yesterday - and won't turn on - shows red battery
icon when tried to charge; Apple logo appears then goes away. However, using USB
charger cable to Macbook Pro and restarting/rebooting the computer, it comes on and everything works - however, once I disconnect the charging cable, the phone goes dead.
Tried this same procedure many times on Macbook and it works the same each time;
however, it does not on my office iMACs or PC's using the USB charge cord.
Help please.
Art
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Make sure you do a backup on your Mac in case the phone needs to be wiped and reset.

First, lets try this. (are you still able to charge your phone at all? It may be hardware issue

in your charger, did you try switching it out?)

Soft Reset

1. Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
  2. Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
  3. You'll be back in your home screen.

Let me know what happens and we will continue. If you decide to do the 'wipe' the phone after backing it

up, you switched chargers, and the battery still will not charge, it is may be the actual battery inside (hopefully your

model of phone has a removable battery to replace)

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin