Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I am trying to open the ipad. I turn it on and it asks me

Customer Question

I am trying to open the ipad. I turn it on and it asks me for the passcode; however I can't remember it. I have nothing on it for it is new. I have tried to do what the instructions are saying but I am stuck. Please help me figure this out.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Its an Apple ipad air other than I have no idea what your talking about.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have held the on/off button and the home button until the apple icon appears. it comes up with a screen the says support.apple.com/ipad/restore at the top. in the middle a iTunes icon and underneath an arrow pointed up and a picture of the plug.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step.

- Also, do you have a Windows or Mac computer?

- If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so that I can fix your iPad directly and quickly through your computer for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,