Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

On my Mac computer, it is just called photo. Is this iPhoto

Customer Question

On my Mac computer, it is just called photo. Is this iPhoto or just a program that came with the Mac. I am new to this.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Some, but I cannot figure out the photo program very well, and get them uploaded to web sites for making photo books. I came from a history of computers but never Mac.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have been trying to read on line and then I ordered a book from Amazon, but it keeps calling it iPhoto and on my machine it is just called Photos.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this moment. Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Photos is a new application Apple released replacing the old iPhoto application, from version Mac OS X 10.10.3 onwards.

Apple has stopped updating and supporting iPhoto long time ago. Both iPhoto and Photos looks similar, but they are different applications. Some features of iPhoto are missing in Photos and vice versa.

If you have Mac OS X 10.10.3 or later, then you will have Photos tap. If you would like to learn about Photos app, then you can find tutorials here --> https://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.2/

To upload photos to websites via Safari, you can do this method. Just click and drag the photos you would like to export, out of Photos app to desktop or a folder in desktop or any location. Then you can upload to those websites from Desktop or from that folder.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything like bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.