Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to download CD's into my iTunes library and it

Customer Question
will only download a small...
I am trying to download CD's into my iTunes library and it will only download a small section of about 3 tracks from the whole album and skips the rest
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I have no idea. I am on Windows Vista and have never experienced this problem before
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have only tried a couple of the different encoding methods listed in import
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 1 year ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

What are the conditions of the disc? Are they heavily scratched?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No both are in excellent condition
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this a genuine advice service or just a sales operation? If so I would like my deposit refunded please.
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Edit > Preferences > Advanced Tab > Importing Tab

Disable the option "Use error correction when reading Audio CDs" and check again. If problem still persists, please try to copy the audio with Windows media player and let me know the result.

Regards

Jins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used error correction, but it did not solve the problem. I have now tried on Windows media player and it also gave rise to the same problems saying it could not read the majority of the CD which, I suppose, suggests that if both iTunes and Windows fail there is a malfunction in the computer rather than the software. Is there a simple solution to this, perhaps a cleaning operation or is it a case of repair/replacement of the CD input?

That means, the problem is with either the disk or with the cd drive. If the cd have scratches on it, the problem is the drive can't read data from it correctly. If the disk is new and no scratches, you should try with a new CD drive. If you have another computer you can copy the music on that system with media player and copy it to a thumb drive and import it to iTunes.

Regards

Jins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The most likely reason is that I need a new CD drive. Thank you for your advice.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately my local PC service company tried changing the CD drive but the problem persisted. They are going to test the computer and check to see if they can find the problem.

Okay, try to create the disk image of that CD and then mount that CD image to a virtual cd drive and then try to import the songs from that virtual drive.

Regards

Jins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At the moment the computer is still at the local service workshop, but even if it was with me I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to create a virtual CD or drive.

When they give the system back, if the problem not fixed; let me know. I will give detailed instructions or can try it with remote session.

Regards

Jins

Mike, Mac Medic