Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just changed the screen. Booted up as before by using

Customer Question

Hi! I just changed the screen. Booted up as before by using on-off button. Full desktop appears with cursor in upper left corner. Can't move cursor using track pad.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Macbook core duo currently at 2.4.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: SMC reset and the other easy one. Sorry, can't remember name.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: At this point, you know allI know.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Was it a pram reset you tried, as follows?

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

If so, theres no need to try it again. If thats not what you tried, please do so now.

If that doesnt work, try booting in safe mode by shutting down the mac, then holding down the left shift key while you power up, that should take you to safe mode.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.