Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Vivoactive HR no longer will sync Connect even though it is

Customer Question
paired with Moto X Pure...
Vivoactive HR no longer will sync Connect even though it is paired with Moto X Pure
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What two devices, please, will not sync ?

Perhaps your Vivosmart and your computer with some Garmin Vivo' software on it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
vivosmart HR and Moto X using Connect
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The software was installed when I purchased the items a few months ago and worked fine until last weei
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Moto X Pure if that helps

OK.

What other devices does either the one (Vivosmart) or the other (Moto X), actually still succeed in connecting to?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a Samsung TV but is it not connected
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It worked but I disconnected it for lack of need

When did the link to the Samsung TV last work OK?

Try it now, if not as recently as within the last 2 days.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I could connect with the TV and the Garmin but I do not use the TV connection. again the Moto X pure cell phone is the device
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used the TV several days ago and have been able to sync with the vivosmart since
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just connect with the TV successfully

OK, that's good. It indicates that one of the two devices that won't link up is working, essentially, still.

Given that is the case the problem must be either on the other side (the Vivosmart, presumably) or it must be a configuration problem.

I presume that the connecting process consists of your making the Vivosmart available for a Bluetooth connection. Then configuring a connection on the Moto X side, and then pairing, then connecting.

Try going through those steps, in that order, once again - but! do not use what you already have configured esp. not on the Moto X. If the Moto X has an established configuration for auto-connecting to the Vivosmart, or that sort of thing, either remove it, o go around it and do the connect setup from scratch, as if the device were new to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It still fails

Then the Vivosmart may be defective - how old is it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i now cannot connect with the vivosmart as it is asking for a PIn and it shouldn't have one.

Reset the Vivosmart, then... and make sure first, that you are really trying to

PAIR

with it (not some other device) - because pairing is really the first stage of Bluetooth connecting, then follows Connecting, after Pairing can be done.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
about 5 months and it has worked until a few days ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will not let me connect as it is asking for a PIN and it does not have one
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm afraid none of your suggestions, many of which i have already tried are not working. i would like to cancel my free trial and money refunded.

I have passed your request to Customer Service, which will take care of it with reasonable promptness.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Mike, Mac Medic