Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Vivoactive HR no longer will sync Connect even though it is

Customer Question

Vivoactive HR no longer will sync Connect even though it is paired with Moto X Pure
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What two devices, please, will not sync ?

Perhaps your Vivosmart and your computer with some Garmin Vivo' software on it ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
vivosmart HR and Moto X using Connect
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The software was installed when I purchased the items a few months ago and worked fine until last weei
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Moto X Pure if that helps

OK.

What other devices does either the one (Vivosmart) or the other (Moto X), actually still succeed in connecting to?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
a Samsung TV but is it not connected
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It worked but I disconnected it for lack of need

When did the link to the Samsung TV last work OK?

Try it now, if not as recently as within the last 2 days.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I could connect with the TV and the Garmin but I do not use the TV connection. again the Moto X pure cell phone is the device
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I used the TV several days ago and have been able to sync with the vivosmart since
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i just connect with the TV successfully

OK, that's good. It indicates that one of the two devices that won't link up is working, essentially, still.

Given that is the case the problem must be either on the other side (the Vivosmart, presumably) or it must be a configuration problem.

I presume that the connecting process consists of your making the Vivosmart available for a Bluetooth connection. Then configuring a connection on the Moto X side, and then pairing, then connecting.

Try going through those steps, in that order, once again - but! do not use what you already have configured esp. not on the Moto X. If the Moto X has an established configuration for auto-connecting to the Vivosmart, or that sort of thing, either remove it, o go around it and do the connect setup from scratch, as if the device were new to you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It still fails

Then the Vivosmart may be defective - how old is it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i now cannot connect with the vivosmart as it is asking for a PIn and it shouldn't have one.

Reset the Vivosmart, then... and make sure first, that you are really trying to

PAIR

with it (not some other device) - because pairing is really the first stage of Bluetooth connecting, then follows Connecting, after Pairing can be done.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
about 5 months and it has worked until a few days ago
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it will not let me connect as it is asking for a PIN and it does not have one
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm afraid none of your suggestions, many of which i have already tried are not working. i would like to cancel my free trial and money refunded.

I have passed your request to Customer Service, which will take care of it with reasonable promptness.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.