Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Jins thanks for helping i created an iPhoto book and then

Customer Question

hi jins hi pearl thanks for helping i created an iPhoto book and then when i went to purchase it an error occured
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: now the photos on the photo book have vanished
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: how do i determine what ios
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried updating my iTunes details and confirmed my iPhoto is version 11
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: mac op software is 10.8.5
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried to buy an iPhoto book that I created on my MacBook Air (OSX 10.8.5, iPhoto version 11). When I was purchasing the iPhoto book an error occurred. Now when I view the book all the pages are blank. However the photos appear when I watch the slideshow. Please assistb
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.

When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know. If all is ok restart the computer, Quit iPhoto if open, hold down the Option/ALT and Command keys and start iPhoto. You will see an iPhoto Library First Aid window, select rebuild the Database.

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.

Did you do that?