Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Where is rsync located? i have tried to use rsync only to

Customer Question
where is rsync located...
where is rsync located ? i have tried to use rsync only to get a error message. I'm not sure my MacBook Pro has this program.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 2012, Sierra 10.12.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, I update as notified.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: can you be more specific ? I have not tried troubleshooting anything.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How tried to use rsync, I go to Terminal, type in recommended codes only to get "Erropr" .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/17/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you follow this guide for me? It gives you exact instructions to use rsync on your mac.

http://www.chriswrites.com/how-to-sync-files-and-folders-on-the-mac/

And this one is for advanced users on mac:

https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/rsync.1.html

Let me know if you run into issues.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin