cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I am ready to buy an iMac 21.5 with Retina display, I only

Customer Question

I am ready to buy an iMac 21.5 with Retina display, I only have $i,100 and
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: possibly need a few dollars more. I called up IMac to send out my old computer MC508ll/A model A1311 5 days ago. They said they will mail me
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: a box, but up to now no box. I called them 3 days ago and they said it is on the mail. To this date no box yet. Please advice me what to do as I will go to SAMS dept store and buy their top of the line HP product.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I do not understand your question. If you are in a hurry to go home, pls give me another Mac technician.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: As I told you every thing I need the box to mail back my old iMac serial A1311 so I can buy the Retina display 25.5". I am happy with iMac products
Category: Mac
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 9 months ago.

Are you saying you called the apple store so that you can sell them back your old Imac computer to buy a newer model? If not the apple store which store did you contact? Do you have the email they sent you with the tracking number?

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 9 months ago.

Apple does have a renew program which they will buy back your old products but they only offer anywhere from 35.00 to 500.00 (2007 and above) to purchase it.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 9 months ago.

From what I can see for the specs of the IMac that you have they will not give you more than 160.00 if that much. The IMac with retina is considerably more than your 1100 plus what IMac will give you. That is from the research I have done.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon, do you still need help with your Imac?