Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Can't open the imovielibrary stored in my HD anymore. macOS

Customer Question

can't open the imovielibrary stored in my HD anymore.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: macOS Sierra. it was working yesterday, I was working on a new project and I dat to force quit imovie, since then it is not working anymore. I can open the imovie library on my mac though, that's empty anyway.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: maybe adobe flash player
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 10 months ago.

Have you tried holding option while opening iMovie and then selected the iMovie Library?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it doesn't make any difference. I can open iMovie, no problem. But if I try to upload my library in my external HD it starts loading (validating videos) and get stuck, the color wheel keeps turning forever .... iMovie is not responding anymore and I have to force quit it.
It never happened to me before.
Thanks