Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

It went flat during update now showing error 56, Ipad air 2

Customer Question
It went flat during update...
It went flat during update now showing error 56
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Ipad air 2 last updated around 6 months ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: when I in plug device PC says error 0x8007001f
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: • IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: all good
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/13/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
How did you try to update the iPad? Was it through the iPad itself or did you try via the computer?
Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed in the computer?
Also, what do you see on the iPad screen now?
Thank you
Vinod
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have latest version of iTunes
I tried to update myself
When iPad is not plugged in it shows plug in pic
When trying to update it shows apple symbol update progress Line gets maybe 90% to end then PC message says error cannot update
Do you get any error code? Such as 14, 2000 etc.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Error code 56 on I pad and error code 0x8007001f on PC
Thank you.
Let's force the iPad into recovery mode and try Restoring it.
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPad to the computer. Now, on the iPad, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec. your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Try restoring the iPad. Let me know
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist