Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Second opinion] - I am not good with all this Mac

Customer Question
technology. My "Safari" has disappeared...
Second opinion] - I am not good with all this Mac technology. My "Safari" has disappeared off my screen. What have I done wrong?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mac 10 and I am with Yahoo.com
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, but I can't tell you exactly which ones.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have gone to the Safari support page.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Why has all the information on the bottom of my screen disappeared? All of the icons are no longer there.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/13/2016
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Do you see the spotlight search icon near the top right of the screen? If so, please click on it and search for Safari.

Do you see the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen? If so, click on it and then click on restart. There is a very good chance that when you restart your icons will be restored.

Give that a try and let me know the results please.

If that doesn't work for you, if you'd like, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your computer and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, I will continue to work with you here and try to help you sort this out.

If this does solve the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist