Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have forgotton my pass for my IPAD which also effects my

Customer Question
personal computer. JA: Just to clarify...
I have forgotton my pass for my IPAD which also effects my personal computer.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: My ipad is Apple and is disabled due to pass code. I have been to the apple store in Washington DC and the assistant suggested I reach out for assistance on Line. They could have helped me, however they suggested I ask to have everything restored through Icloud ( it mayalreay be there) and then I'd like to restore from backup. And to reset Security questions.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: How can I if its disabled? I'd rather talk to you by phone. my home # is(###) ###-####
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None!
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/12/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

The Passcode for the Ipad......the four digit number....correct?

If you have forgotten the passcode, and you enter the wrong passcode in to the iPad device six times in a row, you'll be locked out and a message will say that your device is disabled.

Is that what you are seeing on the iPad currently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my iPad just says it's disabled and to connect through ITunes .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I didn't expect a charge for this service. I will just go to the Apple Store instead. Thank you . Please disconnect.

Yup....at this point....you dont have many options....really only 1....called Restore.

The restore rases the device completely.....restoring it back to factory default...as if it were brand new in the box.

But that REQUIRES you to have iTunes, installed on a seperate computer, that you can connect the iPad to.

.

iTunes is necessary to be able to restore the iPad.

So if you dont have another computer with iTunes.....then you have to get one....as there is no other way.

.

The passcode is a security feature, and doesnt do any good if you can easily unlock by a couple button presses on the iPad.....RIGHT!?....So...without a series of steps and hurdles to unlock it.....its useless......RIGHT?!

Glad we both agree on that.....lol

.

So the ONLY way to regain use of this iPad is to erase it.

Then....and ONLY then....if you took a backup of the ipad BEFORE you lost access to it (forgot passcode) then you can use that backup to RESTORE the iPad.

But if you did nOT have a backup......then all data WILL be lost.....and the ipad will be back to factory default.

Oh you didnt realize we were a PAY for HELP type of website?

Did you ever enter in your credit card information?

I understand if you are confused....so allow me to help you understand.

This is JustAnswer.com

I am a computer/Mac expert....I have a College Degree, and multiple certifications in the industry.

I have been working on computers in a professional manner for over 5 years now.

Going to the Apple Store, and they may or may not help you restore the device....it depedns on if the device is still under warranty or not.

If not....you will be asked to BUY some....called Apple Care.

Once you purchase it.....then they will help you.

Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070