Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My husband just got a new phone and he doesn't know his

Customer Question

My husband just got a new phone and he doesn't know his apple password, and the email that is his apple ID is no longer his as we don't have Comcast any longer. His email and apple id is***@******.***. Please help
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: Lord, he probably did this a couple years ago. He's not terribly phone or computer saavy
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know any trouble shooting. I tried all of his usual passwords, but nothing worked.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Even though the email address is no longer his, you should still be able to reset the password ***** using security questions or another recovery method.

Click here: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Enter his email address and "I need to reset my password" then Continue

Select Answer security questions and press Continue

Once he has access back to his Apple ID, he can change the email address on file to an account that he has.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

I am checking back up on your about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried that method before I asked the question. Apparently I don't know the correct answers to the security questions. I did all that...!
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately, I do not know what you have or have not tried unless it is stated in your initial issue.

There isn't a way to bypass the Apple security system but it might be possible that a local Apple store can help you resolve the issue. Here is a link to a store locator: http://www.apple.com/retail/

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.