tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.
62741268

After visiting with you today I attempted to download a more

Customer Question

After visiting with you today I attempted to download a more recent operating system. My screen has frozen with just an Apple in center and showing less than half installed. Tried force quit, unplugging, but nothing works.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 8 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Try these steps please.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 60 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not power on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPhone. Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.

did that work?