Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

When I try to download photos from my iphone to my mac book,

Customer Question
Hi! When I try to...
Hi! When I try to download photos from my iphone to my mac book, Itunes says that it can not do it "because an invalid response was received from the device". Same from Iphoto: ***** ***** the phone is lacked w a passcode, which I enter and still it doesn't let me import them.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 2011 apple version 10.6.8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, all updates for the OS, itunes, iphoto, and my phone. I have an 6 super
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning computer off/on, phone off/on, getting all software updates, don't know what else to do... Not very good at this...
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I purchased my iphone in th einternet, it was an used device.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/11/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The problem is, You are using latest iOS 10 on your iPhone but an old iTunes on your computer. You need iTunes 12.5 or later to work with iOS 10 (same with iPhoto as well)

The latest iTunes is 12.5 and it requires OS X 10.9 or later. You need to upgrade your Mac OS X 10.6.8 to latest version. The latest is 10.12 Sierra. This is your only way to fix this problem. The problem you are having is incompatibility issue with Mac and iPhone version and there is no other way to make it work except upgrading.

Follow the steps below to upgrade the OS X if your Mac support it.

Click on the Apple icon and App Store. This will bring App Store. Click Updates tab. If your Mac can handle latest OS X, then you will see macOS Sierra there with FREE UPGRADE button. Click Free Upgrade and enter your Apple ID and password.

This will download the update. It may take a few hours to download. Once the download is completed, it will bring the OS X Installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to install it. It may take up to 3 hours to install the upgrade.

Note : Apple has replaced iPhoto with a new application named "Photos" from Mac OS X 10.10.3 and later. So you will no longer be able to use iPhoto in latest macOS, but you can open Photos app and you still able to see your photos, download photos etc

If you have any difficulty on upgrading the OS X, please let me know.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.

Ashik, Mac Technician