Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a I phone 6 I believe, I tried to download the music

Customer Question
from I tunes to my...
I have a I phone 6 I believe, I tried to download the music from I tunes to my phone, the music will show up on my phone but it is not downloaded, when I push the download red cloud it does not download, the music downloaded fine to my I pad, I updated I tunes and my phone to the latest software
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: what is that?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes ios 10.1.1 on my phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turned it back on and off, tried to reset to factory settings, wouldn't do that either
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/10/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Then let the iPhone restart and tell me if it then functions correctly please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried that already too

Thanks

Can you go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings.

Once done, tell me if it then clears up the issue please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No still not able to download

Can you go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Then tell me if it downloads please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still not working

can you restart the computer please then try.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It stops when it sync music to iphone

Can you connect it to a different USB connection on the computer and tell me if it then syncs please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried that also changed cables not syncing

on the iPhone, go to Settings > General > Usage > Storage. Under Storage you will see how much space you have left on your device.

How much space is available?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
41.97gb free

In iTunes when you select your iPhone, go to the Music tab - is "Entire music library" selected?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The way it is setup is that it adds the new music only

set it to add all music please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok it will take a moment

ok thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that same thing step 5 of 5 when sync music it is frozen although it seems to be transmitting nothing happens this time it does not even mention the numbers or the title of the songs

you can play the songs within iTunes correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tunes plays fine

ok, you will need to reset the phone, this will remove all data from it and return it to new so please backup any data from the phone first

Then go to settings, general, reset, erase all content and reset settings.

Once done, setup the phone again and tell me if it then functions please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will try that next
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will try it but on my day off Tuesday

No problem, let me know please how it goes

Richard, Apple Software Engineer