Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I'm trying to do my online banking, which I'v been doing for

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to do my online banking, which I'v been doing for years on Safari. I have OS X 10.8.5 This AM the bank tells me I need to update safari. I tried, it's not happening. please help me Victoria Wright
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I'm trying o find out it may be yosemite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: just iTunes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

Safari updates itself along with the Mac OS, so you will need to upgrade to the latest available OS for your Mac to resolve this issue with the bank website. To do this, please open up the following link:

http://appstore.com/mac/macossierra

This will automatically bring up the App Store, where you will be able to download/install Mac OS X Sierra accordingly.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to submit one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.