Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Same problem I am reading about where the iPhone suddenly

Customer Question
locked me out and will...
same problem I am reading about where the iPhone suddenly locked me out and will not accept a code- won't even respond to my entering the numbers. No idea what happened- have not changed any settings recently
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: OS X El Capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes! and when the update was complete my iTunes library, maps and some other apps were gone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried the hold sleep and home buttons until apple icon appears- I have done this a few times but the phone eventually goes back to the locked screen
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2016
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Try these steps please.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 60 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not power on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPhone. Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will lose everything (music, etc) if I restore?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
won't I lose al my stored info??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are we still having a conversation?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HELLO!!!!!!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That didn't work- do you have any other help?

Yes, if you restore it will be as new but then you can restore with iCloud.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do i do that?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want a secure remote assistance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I restore from iCloud?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It did not restore....I still need help are we done? is this all I get for $5??

After you get restored on iTunes you can sign in on the iPhone with your Apple I.D and email and password

Did you get an error when you tried the restore?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Computer will not let me restore........
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you guys suck- what a f**king scam
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

You need to put your phone into DFU mode and restore it. Let me know once you have followed these steps.

• Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. It doesn’t matter if your iPhone is on or off.
  • Press and hold the Sleep / Wake Button and Home Button together for 8 seconds.
  • After 8 seconds, release the Sleep / Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button until iTunes says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”
  • Let go of the Home Button. Your iPhone’s display will be completely black if you’ve successfully entered DFU mode. If it’s not, try again from the beginning.
  • Restore your iPhone using iTunes.

Hello?

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius