Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My IPhone 6S is new, I believe I just updated it less than a

Customer Question

hi Pearl,
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: My IPhone 6S is new, I believe I just updated it less than a week ago with the latest IOS. I've suddenly been unable to use my password--it does not recognize it. I'm hoping I can just transfer my data to my desktop and reset the phone but iTunes isn't making east for me. Can you talk me through it?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: As I said, within the past week, I made an update; I'm not certain, but I believe I installed IOS 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to both Verizon where purchased and Apple; they both had no suggestions--very weird. I then went home, had already tried rebooting. No luck.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I then tried plugging in to ITunes, but no real luck except a pathway to wipe the data and resset. I didn't see an assurance that my phone data would be preserved in the cloud or the desktpo so before I committed to that process I wanted to make sure
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 9 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

The best option will be to use a screen connect remote session so that I can connect to your computer directly and do this for you.

I will send you the info.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Randy, should I connect the iPhone to iTunes?

yes,

Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.