Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I UPDATED MY IPAD,NOW I CANT OPOEN IT I GET THE MESSAGE IPAD

Customer Question
IS DISABLED CONNECT TO ITUNES JA...
I UPDATED MY IPAD,NOW I CANT OPOEN IT I GET THE MESSAGE IPAD IS DISABLED CONNECT TO ITUNES
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I DONT KNOW
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO THIS IS THE FIRST TIME AND I HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can not open it at all
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 1 year ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step.

- Also, besides the iPad, do you have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Another solution: If you have the Find My iPad / iPhone app / option enabled on your iPad previously, then please try the following fix:

1. From a working device, click on the website below:
    https://www.icloud.com/find
  2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID account (use the email address associated with with your iPad.)
  3. Click on option All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the iPad device.
  5. Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Wait a bit, and the iPad will let you set it up again.

- If your iPad is not showing at the iCloud website, then you will need to use the first solution in my very first reply above.

- Also, if you 'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix your iPad directly through your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been about a week. Do you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else?

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech