Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a macbook air. While using safari, my computer locked

Customer Question

I have a macbook air. While using safari, my computer locked up how do i unlock it?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: About 9 years old. Not familiar with what operating system you mean...sorry
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My local mac store told me to try hitting "enter,Command, W on the keyboard.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Hold the power button for 10 seconds then restart and hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo. This will activate Safe boot and it will check the drive for errors among other things. It may take longer to boot and you may see a progress bar during part of the process. If it starts up OK login then restart the normal way from the Apple Menu. Hold Shift when opening Safari, then quit Safari and open Safari the normal way. Let me know after.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Did you try that?