Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Made a calendar in Windows, saved as a PDF, when opening it

Customer Question
the calendar is all jumbled JA...
Made a calendar in Windows, saved as a PDF, when opening it the calendar is all jumbled
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: dell
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, and the computer is brand new
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/8/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

Do you mean that the calendar within the PDF looks all jumbled or within the program you used to create the calendar? Also, what program are you using to create the calendar?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
created calendar on windows with sample calendar, tried to view on PDF which I saved it as

Thank you for letting me know. Can I remotely connect to your computer please, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is an optional service with a one-time flat fee, regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume it at any time, without additional costs. It also is safe, as you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is the first time I used windows...this is a new computer and I don't want to pay $39

Thank you. Then I am not sure how we should solve your problem, without me seeing the issue? How should we proceed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Obviously you don't help people without money...why should I pay for a program that was installed in my computer, I believe that cost was absorbed when I paid for computer. So windows doesn't have support at all...I will have to report to the place I bought it at.

Thank you and sorry, but I am a independent computer expert like all the experts here, I am not sure how you would assume that I can afford to work for free? Do you work for free in your job? And don´t understand me wrong, usually I do help people that seriously got no money, but you just said you´ve bought a brand new computer.... So my offer stands, if you are interested in letting me fix the problem for you via remote-assistance (that is the only real possibility in this case), then I am here to help you. If not, I will have to opt out of your question and maybe another expert will be able to help you via text. Please just let me know and thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I presumed you worked for windows and were paid that way. I didn't know you were independent, I would not expect you to work for free. I said I had a Dell, not a Mac, but thank you for your time. I won't be needing your services.
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Are you opening it up in Preview or Adobe Acrobat Reader?

If you are not using Adobe please download it and try again to open the file.

Here is the link for the download:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5867

Please leave me feedback to know how your service was.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius