Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My mac (lion) is stuck in spinning wheel, nit much. my

Customer Question
my mac (lion) is stuck...
my mac (lion) is stuck in spinning wheel
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: nit much. my husband was the tech but he died kast year. i was able to boot run utilities in safe mide everything seemed fine. then it froze.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. he did all that. i did change my brieser to Epic.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: every artickle on rebooting holding den cmd shift , r cmd shf r p, all if them. just apple logon spinning wheel first i get line to read ,but it only gies fot 1 min then spins
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this computer is on Lion 10.7.8 or domething. he added Ram ir partion. anyway, i thought I had 817 gigs left. but I just realized i onky had 256 mb on system! i was trying to backup, dump iphoto to create more space, defrag harddrive but was never able to.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/6/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 1 year ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.

When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If that is all ok quit Disk Utility and select Reinstall Mac OS X.

Did you try that?

Mike, Mac Medic