Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I turned off brightness some how and cant get the screen to

Customer Question
light uo so i can...
i turned off brightness some how and cant get the screen to light uo so i can turn it back on
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: i dont know its a 4s
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no tried to turn down the brightness and it went black
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: pushing top and middle button i can get an apple sign then black again
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/6/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Even if you put the screen to lowest brightness option, it is supposed to show the screen. Shine a torch on the screen and do you see anything ?

Let's ask Siri to make it brighter. Hold down the Home button and it will bring Siri. Ask Siri to "Increase brightness" and does it work ?

Hi there, Just checking. How is it going ?

Mike, Mac Medic