Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have accidentally removed safari. How do I reinstall

Customer Question

I have accidentally removed safari. How do I reinstall safari
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I am not very experience with Apple Mac just using it to receive emails and reply
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to reinstall safari for now
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you removed it from dock, then you can get it back. Click on the Finder icon on the dock (bottom toolbar). Then click on the Go menu at the top bar and select Applications. This will bring Applications folder. You will find Safari in there. Click and drag it back to dock.

If you don't see it there, then search Safari at the top right searchbar (click magnifier icon at top right of screen). If the Safari is on your Mac, then it will find it there. Open it and Safari will appear on dock. Then hold down Control key, click on Safari icon on dock, click Options and select Keep in Dock.

If you don't see it there, then open Trash. Do you see Safari there ? If so, hold down Control key, click on Safari and select Put back.

If you are still unable to get Safari, please let me know and I will send you instructions to reinstall it back.

Let me know it goes please. Only rate the answer after we've solved the problem