Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Its saying I need a sim card, its an iPhone 5 when I am

Customer Question
its saying I need a...
its saying I need a sim card
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: its an iPhone 5 when I am trying to update it to ios 10.1.1 it is asking me to put in a sim card
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: this is the only one I haven't installed
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my optus account is fine I have plugged it in and am now updating it
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i will let it update and if i have any more problems with it i willget back to you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/6/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A SIM card is a small thin and rather delicate little slip of a cardlet with a few silver terminal contacts on it. It is supposed to be fit into a small slot inside your phone, in order to give it information and authorization to proceed with phone calls (and some other operations of that sort.)

SIM cards are common to many phones.

Ask your service provider for one, or your local phone shop, etc.

Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert