Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Lost my lost my iphone 6 and was hoping to track. Problem

Customer Question

lost my lost my iphone 6 and was hoping to track. Problem was the ringer was turned off. Is it possible to track
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Sorry, I'm unsure. I rarely use my phone
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Latest update was installed yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Sorry, it's lost so none. And apologies, but my whole purse and everything in it is gone as well. So I'm trying anything to try and track things down.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry that you lost your iPhone. If you have iCloud or Find My iPhone activated on it then you can track it. On your computer, go to www.icloud.com

Then login with your Apple ID or iCloud account you used in your iPhone. Click Find My iPhone button. Then click All Devices, then select your iPhone. This will show the iPhone in the map. If you are unable to track it, then click Lost Mode in there. This will password ***** it and show custom message you want on it. You can also ring it from there even if the ringer is off. It will ring if you ring it from iCloud website.

If you can't find it, then click Erase there. This will erase the iPhone and deactivate it. No one will ever able to use that iPhone without you activate it again.

(Once it is erased, you need to provide your Apple ID and password ***** activate it again)

If you have not enabled the iCloud and Fine My iPhone option on it, then you will not be able to track it unfortunately. It can't also be tracked if it is turned off. But it will be erased the moment it turn on (assuming it is connected to internet). Find my iPhone option is your only hope now.

I'd also recommend to change your email password, AppStore password ***** all other passwords you used on it. So the person who get the iPhone will not be able access your emails or other things that require password.

Note : If the iPhone is passcode or finger print protected, then you don't have to worry about the data on it. The person who get it will not be able to crack the code and open it.

You should also call your carrier network and ask them to disable the services as well as backlist the iPhone.

If you've any questions or would like any additional information information, please don't hesitate to ask

If you are not satisfied with the service I provided, please don't rate me bad or poor or OK. In this case, I will only give you possible methods to track it. If you are not satisfied with my answer, you don't have to rate anything and you can close this page without rating and ignore the rating requests.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm reading information. I'm not very sophisticated on the iPhone. I don't know if iCloud is turned on or not. I'll go into my Apple account now and follow your directions. Can you hold on while I do this?
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Of course. I will be here if you need any help. 90% of the chance that the Find My iPhone is on as it will be turned on while setting up iPhone.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how can I get into my Apple account without losing you?
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Just leave this page open, so you won't lose me.

If you are talking to me from your computer now, then press Control and N (or Command and N if using Mac) on keyboard and this will open a new page without closing this page. Then go to www.icloud.com

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm trying to access Apple; it's asking for my Apple ID and password, but it's not taking. I'm not sure what my
Apple ID is. I then tried to create an Apple ID, and it's not recognizing my email address. Don't know why. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks!
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Apple ID is normally your email address and you must use the one you used on your lost iPhone. An iPhone is associated with a single Apple ID.

If you don't remember your Apple ID, then you can find it from

here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here (go to this website from your computer) --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, but I need to leave. I'll be contacting Apple support, just can't do now. Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Apple support will help you to find the account you used on the iPhone. Then you can track it using my instructions via iCloud.com

We can continue later if you want. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,