Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I lost my administrator name & password so I have not been

Customer Question
I lost my administrator name...
I lost my administrator name & password ***** I have not been able to do any updates since 2007.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: 2006
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Have not been able to since 2007 because I do not have my administrator name & password,
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can not do anything with out the administrator name and password. I can not even get to your web page as the certificate is not recognised. I have been trying to make an appointment at the apple store in village point in Omaha, NE to get it reset but have not been able to do it even with a phone call. I stopped in a about a year ago with the computer and was told I need to make an appointment. I have not used my MAC since 2010 because I could not get the updates.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am on my Dell computer as I can not connect to store support on my MAC
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/4/2016
Mac Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

There is a way to reset the password ***** your Mac computer. I can provide the instructions for you to follow, so you don't need to go to the Apple store.

Let me know if that is fine with you.

Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can not get on my Mac because it does not recognize the apple store as secure web site. I can work on it as you walk me through the steps.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can not get on the computer so I do not want to spend the extra funds

Sure, no problem. I can provide the text instructions for you. You can ignore the prompt for a secure remote assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

Do you know which OS X version is installed on your Mac computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
10.5

Thanks! Hold on while I prepare the instructions...

I forgot to ask - do you have a OS X 10.5 installation disk with you?

Actually, don't worry - resetting a password ***** be done without a OS X 10.5 installation disk. Since the instructions involve using the Terminal and typing the exact commands, I decided it would be easier for you if I just provided you with video instructions. That way you can see exactly what needs to be done. So, use your working Dell computer and visit this link below and follow the instructions:

Video instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjxAgiNqkDM

That should help you with the password ***** In case you encounter a problem, I am here to help you further. Just let me know.

Regards,

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.

IT Miro, Computer Scientist