Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am giving my iPad to my wife and I need to change settings

Customer Question

I am giving my iPad to my wife and I need to change settings from my phone to hers so she can see messages for her instead of mine.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I have an update pending g i have an update pending for iOS 10.1.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not in a while. , not recently, no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have created a new iCloud account to associate the iPad with her, but v c
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have associated a new I account for her, but have not been able to find a way to change the phone number to her iPhone
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Just sign out of your iCloud account and have her sign in with her Apple ID in Settings / iCloud

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Then go to Settings / Messages tap Send and Receive that is where that is listed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay...so I do not have to create a new one for her, since she is linked to my account with her other ID?
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean if they are separate Apple IDs everything is separate.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

She should sign in with the same Apple ID that she uses on her phone.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Is that working now? If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Also please note we get paid the same no matter how long it takes to solve your issue, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!