Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

IPhone 5S is stuck on iTunes log in screen. When turned on,

Customer Question

iPhone 5S is stuck on iTunes log in screen. When turned on, support.apple.com/iphone/restore is at top of screen.
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: No.***@******.***
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It's my daughter's phone. She is IOS something. I have updated iTunes on my computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried connecting phone to my computer through iTunes, but our internet connection has been very on-and-off. Any downloading has been timed out
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Have you tried to restore the phone through iTunes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but our internet connection is on-and-off and download keeps timing out. Do I just need to wait until I have new internet provider (tomorrow)?
Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

Well that is performing the update.

You can restore the phone but that will erase. If the phone is backup'ed through iCloud or iTunes you can restore it. But if you do not have a backup and don't want to lose the info you will need to do the update and yes will require a stable connection to at least download the update. Then after it is downloaded internet is not required for it to install.

Let me know if you have any further questions I will be glad to answer them. Please take the time to rate my service at the top and submit.

Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

I wanted to follow up with you and see how did you make out? Also, if you had any further questions.