Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

New MacBook Pro. how to set up apple id. Just out of box.

Customer Question
new MacBook Pro. how to...
new MacBook Pro. how to set up apple id
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: just out of box. never had one before. mountain scene
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. opened act with google is all.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried to open act yahoo, never completely downloaded
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: trying to receive msg from daughter, unsuccessful
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You have to create an Apple ID first using your email address (google address). You can create an Apple ID from this website ---> https://appleid.apple.com/account

Note : If you already own an Apple ID, but don't remember the password, then you can reset it from here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Once you created the Apple ID, you need to sign in with this ID on your Mac where it is asked like in App Store, iTunes Store, Facetime, Messages etc

(So open Facetime, Messages etc application from Applications folder and sign in with your new ID)

You also need to share this ID with your daughter, so she can send you messages, make facetime calls etc

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you

Ashik, Mac Technician