Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

When I export from iPhoto to my external hard drive the .MOV

Customer Question
Hi... When I export from...
Hi... When I export from iPhoto to my external hard drive the .MOV files play black! Please help, asI do not want to loose precious memories. Thank you.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: If I cut and paste from iPhoto to the external drive they play fie, however, I select all but not all get copied over and it is not possible to figure out which files (.jpg or .mov) are missing. So, the export button does show it copies all over but the movies play back as a black screen with no audio.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I tried to instal sierra OS update but not enough disk space on laptop. that is why i am trying to export all the photos and movies off the hard drive to my external drive.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not much...
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it. Thank you. When should I receive a call or message back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 year ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

What OS X version are you running right now, and what version of iPhoto?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know how to check. Please advise.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I refuse to keep paying until I get help. I paid you $5 and I am no better off. Why?

Sorry for the delay in reply. I was assisting another customer. I will be away from my desk for a bit, so will opt your question out to other experts for more immediate help. Thank You.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok my apologies then. When should I expect a response? Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
PLEASE CANCEL THIS REQUEST AND ONLY CHARGE ME THE $5 deposit. I DO NIT WANT TO PAY $35 extra SO THE CONSULT CAN BE CANCELLED. Please confirm. Madhu.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant, I DO NOT WANT TO BE CHARGED THE EXTRA $35 so please cancel the specialist request ASAP as I have not received this specialist feedback yet. Thank you.
Mike, Mac Medic