michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I am a computer professional with more that 7 years of experience with all major brands which includes apple as well.
26798893

Iphone 6s. Today I was logging into a new wifi source and

Customer Question

Iphone 6s. Today I was logging into a new wifi source and the screen stopped accepting input. All the other buttons work, but I cannot enter anything via touching the screen. So I could not power down the device, since that requires a screen swipe. I tried using the voice commands, but when I asked it to power down the iphone instead it turned on music, which I cannot turn off. So music has been playing on it all day. Oddly, it does accept screen input if I press the side button to darken the screen, then press the side button again. A different screen comes up that shows what music is playing, and that screen accepts input, but all I can do is turn the music on or off. At present I am letting the music drain the battery, hoping that the shutdown routine will reset whatever is wrong with the screen input.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: OS 10.2.1, I think, but I can only check it by plugging it into my PC. would you like me to do that?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I think so. Not sure.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to power it down, but could not because it requires a screen swipe. I also plugged it into iTunes on my PC. The iPhone synced normally, but I cannot seem to gain any control over the problem through my PC.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Mac
Expert:  michelleclive replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

push and hold down the power button on the phone for 45 seconds and then release it now wait for 3 mins and power it back on in normal way.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Which is the power button, the round button on the face, or the darken screen button on the right edge?

power button is located at the right side panel and not the round shaped button.

did you find the power button now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Michelle, I found another answer. I plugged the phone into my PC and iTunes said it was time for a new IOS. So I let it load the new IOS, and the problem disappeared. Thank you for your advice. I may need it in the future. All set for now.

good to go.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you