IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I typed a Note in my Ipad when I was offline. Then as soon

Customer Question

I typed a Note in my Ipad when I was offline. Then as soon as I connected to the internet the Note disappeared. Its an emergency please help!
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: not sure how can I find out? settings?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: maybe automatic updates not sure, but not manually
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. just went into notes and trying to find but not there anywhere. and not in deleted notes either. I didn't delete it just disappeared as soon as the ipad connected to internet. I was offline when I typed the Note
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Go here and sign in select Notes, do you see it there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no I already tried that. its not there
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Are you sure you saved it to your icloud notes do you have any other accounts like Yahoo or Google?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also, I cant sync my ipad to my computer's iTunes. this is another issue I'm having. I was going to try to restore ipad from a previous day's backup but my laptops iTunes wont recognize the ipad to sync
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the note was in the icloud notes. I also have gmail but I did not do the note in gmail
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when I created the new icloud note, I was offline I was not connected to the internet. As soon as I connected to the internet the next day...the note disappeared
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

OK I'm afraid if it is not at iCloud.com and you are sure you saved it to iCloud notes then it is gone. As far as not syncing :

I will need some information:

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

The exact system Version (listed right under OS X ??)

Processor

Memory

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what about restoring to an earlier date?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you tell me what happened? why is it that I created a note offline then as soon as I connected to the internet that note disappeared?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also, i don't have a mac. i have an ipad and a PC with iTunes.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

You can try restoring to an earlier date but how would it be there if it wasn't connected to internet at the time or iTunes? I have no idea how it happened I don't have enough information. What version of iTunes is it and also what version of iOS on your iPad?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's what I'm asking you. does the ipad save backups on the harddrive etc? what specific info do u need to answer the question? i have the latest version of iTunes on my PC. I don't know about the ipad i had asked you how i can find out that info
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
looks like the ipad is running iOS 10.1, but i don't know which model Ipad it is
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

No not does not save backups on the hard drive. OK go to iTunes / Properties to see the version

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is no iTunes/properties...the top menu choices are: file, edit, song, view, controls, account, help
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
12.5.2.36 is what it shows when i go to help / about itunes
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Sorry go to Help / About iTunes

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
shows 12.5.2.36
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

OK that is good so what is happening when you try to sync?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the iTunes doesn't recognize the ipad
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Is it plugged in now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the PC recognizes the ipad but iTunes does not
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

I can remote connect and check this out for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that charges an addtl $39 right?
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

It is extra but I don't have access to your account

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i prefer not to have to pay an addtl $39 after i just paid $32?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i paid $32 to get help. is the only way to get help for me to pay an addtl $39 now? feels like a bait and switch kind of. No offense but that's what it feels like to me.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

OK it is just an option that many peopler prefer. So you don't see the little iPad icon in iTunes when you open it with the iPad connected to the USB port?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no i don't see that. iTunes does not recognize the ipad. my PC recognizes the ipad but iTunes does not
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

OK try putting it in DFU mode.

1. Plug in your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to your Mac or Windows PC.
  2. Make sure iTunes is running.
  3. Turn Off your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad if it isn't already.
    1. Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side (iPhone 6 or later) or top (all other iPhones, iPods, and iPads) of the device for 3 seconds.
    2. Swipe the slide to power off slider to the right.
    3. Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side (iPhone 6 or later) or top (all other iPhones, iPods, and iPads) of your device for 3 seconds.
    4. Press and hold down the Home button on the front of your device while still holding down the On/Off button.
    5. Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds. (If you see the Apple logo, you've held them too long and will need to start again.)
    6. Let go of the On/Off Button but keep holding the Homebutton for about 5 seconds. (If you see the "Plug into iTunes" screen, then you've held it too long and will need to start again.)
    7. If the screen stays black, that's it! Your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad should now be in DFU mode.
    8. At this point, iTunes should show you an alert saying it's detected your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and will allow it to be restored.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i followed the steps and the screen stayed black...but iTunes did not show me an alert etc.. basically step 8 didn't happen
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but now the ipad wont turn on
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

If it is still not recognized then uninstall all Apple software on your PC and reinstall

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok that worked and the ipad turned on again
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i tried 3 separate PC's and none worked. is there a setting in the ipad i should change?
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

No there is no setting. Try a different USB cable.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok i tried that. i also tried plugging in my iPhone and iTunes wont recognize that either. i uninstalled and reinstalled
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

So you are saying neither iPhone nor iPad will connect to iTunes on 3 different PCs?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
correct. i don't know which ipad it is but yes. for some reason there may be an issue with the apple mobile device driver on my PC. i have uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes twice. but the apple mobile device driver is not on my computer still.. this may be the problem
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Yes but on 3 PCs? Ok I am out of ides.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok now it works finally. iTunes recognizes the ipad
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
after 2 uninstall/reinstall and 2 shutdowns. crazy. ok now iTunes recognizes the ipad
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if you still require assistance with the iPad issue?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,