Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My version of Chrome is no longer supported and I'm told

Customer Question

Hi, My version of Chrome is no longer supported and I'm told that I have to get a new operating system. My current system is version 10.6.8. What do I need to do?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Version 10.6.8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. My computer still functions.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please be informed that Google announced the end of Chrome’s support for Windows XP, as well as Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8, since these platforms are no longer actively supported by Microsoft and Apple. From the start of April 2016, Chrome will continue to function on these platforms but will no longer receive updates and security fixes. If you are still on one of these unsupported platforms, we encourage you to move to a newer operating system to ensure that you continue to receive the latest Chrome versions and features.

Please check the links below.

Link 1 : http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/11/10/google-to-discontinue-chrome-support-for-os-x-snow-leopard-lion-mountain-lion-in-april-2016

Link 2 : https://chrome.googleblog.com/2015/11/updates-to-chrome-platform-support.html

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm disappointed with your response. I already know all of that. What I don't know is how to make the change to a different operating system. Would it be best to take my computer into an Apple store to get it done?
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

If you are upgrading to the latest version of Mac OSX, you have to check if the hardware support the latest versions.

Get complete information on how to upgrade from the link below.

http://www.apple.com/in/macos/how-to-upgrade/#

Thank you.

S H E F I N