Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Flashing mail. 10.12.1. The one that came yesterday dont

Customer Question
flashing mail JA: What OS X...
flashing mail
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: 10.12.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes the one that came yesterday dont remember its name
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I mean I cant really do anything it flashes all the time when I go into my email
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
10/29/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you tell me how you are accessing your email? are you using a web browser? (if so, which one)

or are you clicking on the email client icon on the mac itself that you added email to already?

What does your email end in, @gmail, outlook, yahoo etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am accessing my email via iMail
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried to send an email and its just stuck and keeps flashing on and off

Try this to start please. I take it you are using 10.12.1 Sierra ? Shut down and force close if necessary.

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Then,

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

if yours has first aid,

You can follow this guide for this.

https://www.lifewire.com/using-disk-utility-repair-hard-drives-2260079

Then open your email and tell me what happens.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It says I have to repair w first aid during recovery mode. It found a corrupted file

Were you able to get to the first aid?

To start your mac in safe mode, start with the mac turned off. Press power then *immediately* press and hold the left shift key on the keyboard. Keep holding it till you hear the startup chime, then release. That should start you in safe mode.

Then follow that guide i sent and tell me if you can get to first aid options and use them?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got to first aid but it said to start up in recovery mode?

what is the make/model of your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Macbook Pro 2012
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It shuts down when I try to start up in Safe Mode?

Okay, you can get to your recovery mode here;

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/25/how-to-start-up-your-mac-in-internet-recovery-mode/

This will show you versions of macbook pro and how to start in recovery mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did the repair. My mail is still flashing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I managed to manually remove the outbox so its not flashing anymore until I compose a new one. Dunno what this is

Okay,

How? From in the program or did you take out something like this; ~/Library/Mail/V3/Mailboxes

Delete the mailbox “Outbox.mbox” and reopen Mail.

Can you click on the apple sign, help about mac and tell me your version and everything you see there?

Try this for me please:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7684887?start=0&tstart=0

Then try this if that doesnt help:

1. Deleting the email account in preferences, and create a new account to see if that fixes the issue.
2. Go to Preference and select Accounts > select Account Information > find SMTP Server > select option "edit STMP server list" > reset all the settings in the list.
3. Uncheck mail extensions at Mail Menu > Preferences > select Extensions.

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin