Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My I phone went into Activation lock last night..and I cant

Customer Question
remember my password ***** my...
My I phone went into Activation lock last night..and I cant remember my password ***** my icloud id to get it back on.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: maybe a year or so ago...long time
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not that I am aware only the last one that goes in automatically ..maybe 2 months ago?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the information on the online site from Apple..about putting in the devise ID..then it ask for my account/ password...
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just how to get my phone back on...i have had the phone since new..about 3 years or so...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
10/29/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First I will explain what the issue here. Your iPhone was automatically updated. There is a feature called 'Find My iPhone' that was activated on your iPhone prior to the update. This is an anti-theft measure by Apple that blocks unauthorized access to your iPhone . Since the software is updated and Apple detected a change in software, your iPhone is now asking you to verify that you are the original owner of it. So you need to enter your Apple ID/iCloud and password ***** activate it. You will not be able to use the iPhone until you activate it.

Apple ID/iCloud ID would be your email address you registered with your device.

If you don't remember your Apple ID, then you can find it from

here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here (goto this website from your computer) --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password.Then use your ID and new password ***** activate your device.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you. Only rate the answer after we've solved the problem.

If you are unable to reset, please don't rate me bad or poor or OK. Instead let me know and I will be happy to provide further instructions

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None of these worked..and I had already tried these before contacting this site..

Let me try to initiate the reset from here. What is the Apple ID showing on your iPhone ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok..hang on...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
getting the phone to come back up

Take your time. Tell me the Apple ID showing there and I will initiate the reset from here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there?

Yes, waiting for your reply

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cant get the phone to come back up to the id number again..turned it off and going to try to restart it

I need to know the ID, so I can initiate the reset from here. This is another way to restart it.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Then try to setup it and it will show ID

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok..all that comes up now is the "choose a wi fi network..and when it do this it picks the one...then ask for apple ID and password how do I get back to the original screen that shows the id number

It should show the hint of ID there. What is it ?

Do you atleast remember the Apple ID or iCloud you used on your iphone ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was***@******.***

What is your birthday ?

When is your birthday ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sept 20 1960

You have entered too many incorrect details, so can't reset via security questions. So lets try to reset email.

What is your email address ? Not icloud

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is that number IMEI 013788004060997

Sorry IMEI number won't help. What is your email address ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is my email now

That is not the one you registered with iPhone. Do you have another email ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only other one I think I may have is [email protected] .com on the phone...or***@******.***I can hear me getting text messages ..but cant get them
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does this help?

The second one isn't either an Apple ID. I'm sorry, but in this case you need to contact the Apple ID department of Apple support. They will help you to find out the Apple ID and password ***** they will remove the activation lock of your iPhone. Note : You may need to provide or send a proof of purchase to Apple to life the activation lock or find your Apple ID/password.

To contact iTunes Support, go to this link website --> https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Click Get Help under Talk to Us. Click iPhone. Click Apple ID and Password

Click Lost or Forgotten password

Click Schedule a Call and they will call you. or click Talk to Apple Support Now.

Note, only they will know your Apple ID and Password. I or the experts in here will not have access to your Apple ID and password. Apple will remove the activation lock and it can be activated from there

I'm really sorry, but I can only give you steps in here. If you are not satisfied with my answer, please don't rate me bad or poor or OK. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for the $$ I paid...there is no help? I did all of those things BEFORE I contacted this site...

Unfortunately, we don't have access to any of your personal details. I didn't know you have tried these instructions before.

So, you don't have to pay if you are not satisfied. You can contact cuatomer support at *****@******.*** for refund. Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund. Ignore the rating requests.

Best Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want a refund on the card...how do I get this? Not your issue on the situation, but I tried all these things BEFORE contacting this site...how do I get this?

You will get full refund. Just email to***@******.*** and they will imitate the refund. I will also initiate a request from here.

Best Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try that... could not find that on the line before...Thank You for your help~

You're welcome. Have a great day !

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
went to the site you told me to get a refund...there is nothing there to get one from there? Whats the deal

It is not a site. It is an email address. You just email to that email address and customer support will get in touch with you re refund. It will take a few days to credit back to your account.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician