Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My MBP has for a year done "........ quit unexpectedly". It

Customer Question
happens on anything. Any app...
My MBP has for a year done "........ quit unexpectedly". It happens on anything. Any app, browser, system pref's, anything, every day all the time. And I get NO help from Apple support. Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/27/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the system files are corrupted. What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. What is the version number there ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sierra 10.12.1 (16B2555).

This usually happens if the system files are corrupted. We can run Disk Utility and see if it works or not. Turn off your Mac by holding down Power button for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilitie sscreen. From there, click Disk Utility. Select your hard disk at left column(Macintosh HD or hard disk name). Then click Verify Disk (under First Aid). Click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked.

Then restart from Apple menu. If that didn't work, then turn it off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time for 5 seconds, then release the keys and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. Does it boot into desktop ? If so, does it work there ?

Please let me knowif that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ashik.

Yes, did you get my suggestions ? If not, here is it again

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can we do the following?: Im busy til tomorrow. Can we get back same time tomorriw? At least u have the issue now to study. OK?

Sure, no problem. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me tomorrow and we can continue then.

Best Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. I'll run ur advice and we'll get back tomorrrow.

Ok, have a great day !

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh. Sorry Ashik. My friends hijacked me�� Please let me know when you are available after weekend. Tomorrow and Sunday I'm busy.

No problem. Just reply here when you are free and I will get back to you.

Have a great weekend.

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. Were you able to try the suggestion ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ashik,
Today, within 1-2 hrs, I should be at my Mac and start working on this issue.

No need to rush. Take your time. I was just following up with you. Good luck

Hi there, Were you able to fix this issue ?

If it worked and If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service (5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Have a great day,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for advice here too. I've hardly seen the "...quit unexpectedly..." any more. It was either the Disk Utility or the Command, Option, P and R key startup or both that solved this.

You're most welcome and glad it worked for. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me as Excellent Service (5 stars) and click Submit at the top.

Have a great day,

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. I'm just following up with you to see how it is going.

I see that you have not rated my answer yet. That means I have not got any credit for this question. If you are satisfied with my help on this question, please take a moment to rate my service as Excellent or 5 stars, so I will get credit on this question and this question can be closed.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician