Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My MBP has for a year done "........ quit unexpectedly". It

Customer Question

My MBP has for a year done "........ quit unexpectedly". It happens on anything. Any app, browser, system pref's, anything, every day all the time. And I get NO help from Apple support. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the system files are corrupted. What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. What is the version number there ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sierra 10.12.1 (16B2555).
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

This usually happens if the system files are corrupted. We can run Disk Utility and see if it works or not. Turn off your Mac by holding down Power button for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilitie sscreen. From there, click Disk Utility. Select your hard disk at left column(Macintosh HD or hard disk name). Then click Verify Disk (under First Aid). Click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked.

Then restart from Apple menu. If that didn't work, then turn it off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time for 5 seconds, then release the keys and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. Does it boot into desktop ? If so, does it work there ?

Please let me knowif that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ashik.
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Yes, did you get my suggestions ? If not, here is it again

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can we do the following?: Im busy til tomorrow. Can we get back same time tomorriw? At least u have the issue now to study. OK?
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Sure, no problem. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me tomorrow and we can continue then.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK. I'll run ur advice and we'll get back tomorrrow.
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Ok, have a great day !

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh. Sorry Ashik. My friends hijacked me�� Please let me know when you are available after weekend. Tomorrow and Sunday I'm busy.
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

No problem. Just reply here when you are free and I will get back to you.

Have a great weekend.

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. Were you able to try the suggestion ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ashik,
Today, within 1-2 hrs, I should be at my Mac and start working on this issue.
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

No need to rush. Take your time. I was just following up with you. Good luck

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, Were you able to fix this issue ?

If it worked and If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service (5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for advice here too. I've hardly seen the "...quit unexpectedly..." any more. It was either the Disk Utility or the Command, Option, P and R key startup or both that solved this.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

You're most welcome and glad it worked for. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me as Excellent Service (5 stars) and click Submit at the top.

Have a great day,

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. I'm just following up with you to see how it is going.

I see that you have not rated my answer yet. That means I have not got any credit for this question. If you are satisfied with my help on this question, please take a moment to rate my service as Excellent or 5 stars, so I will get credit on this question and this question can be closed.

Best Regards,