Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My screen is off center .has like an inch on right side. El

Customer Question
my screen is off center...
my screen is off center .has like an inch on right side
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: el capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes just now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: rebooting...resetting pram
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
10/27/2016
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok ty

Which type of Mac is it? iMac, portable, Mac mini?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mac book pro retina

I would like to see what happens in Recovery Mode. To start up from macOS Recovery, hold down Command (⌘)-R immediately after turning on or restarting your Mac. Release when you see the Apple logo.

https://support.apple.com/HT201314

Let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

Sorry?

If you're worried about getting back to me, you can reply on another computer or device.

Restarting from Recovery Mode exits and returns to normal boot up.

Are you there?

Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 1 year ago
Mike, Mac Medic

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.

3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time, if it starts up you held the power button before the other keys, try again.

4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.

7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.

8. Release the keys.

Did you try that?

Mike, Mac Medic