Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have been given a set of Apple computers by my son-in-law

Customer Question

Hi. I have been given a set of Apple computers by my son-in-law that he no longer uses. The lap top is a Mac pro and the other unit is an i pad. Both are in great condition. The problem is my skill in setting up the units with the correct procedures since I am a long time Dell and micrp
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The lap top is a MacBook Pro and I are using windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have only had the unit a short time and have been following the directions from my son-in-law who works for Pixar . He is highly technical skilled and had all the set up done before shipping the unit to me. The main issue is my low skills in getting the passwords established and where they should go. I managed to lock the computer a couple weeks ago and we Jony
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I was saying, John worked with an Apple tech and got a reset on the unit. I think that may be the case again, but I have no way to get beyond using the first password ***** will not open the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to be sure that the computer is not locked and then get into the unit.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kris R replied 8 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kris R replied 8 months ago.

What's the serial numbers of the devices?