Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My son dropped my ipad on the carpet and now the screen will

Customer Question
light up then go black. JA...
My son dropped my ipad on the carpet and now the screen will light up then go black.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I don't have any idea its whatever it came with from the factory.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: it was updated yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Holding the home and power buttons at the same time.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all that I know of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2016
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Try this and let me know what happens please>This could be a glitch in the software and needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the screen will flash then go black twice then nothing

okay, unfortunately that means the display has failed. Most likely broke a connection during the fall. You can get the display repaired. Do you have a local smartphone repair shop in your area?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is this on top of the 30$ or the 5$

I only do the tech support, i do not have access to any of the account info. Sorry.

Mike, Mac Medic