Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hard Drive Question I just received an External Seagate Hard

Customer Question

Hard Drive Question I just received an External Seagate Hard Drive which has data on it but when I plug it in - I get the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" I went to Seagate and downloaded the Paragon NTFS for Mac and installed it - but still it wont register it. I went to Disc Utility - and have attached the screencapture There is important data on the drive so I want to access it and make sure I dont delete it

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

So you are sure this drive was formatted for Windows as NTSF?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I dont understand the question?

But I have a Mac

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I got a request for extra help?

How exactly do you plan to help me?

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

You mentioned you downloaded Paragon NTSF why did you do that if you did not know what format the drive is? I assumed you knew it was NTSF. Where does the drive come from?

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

It has a Microsoft Reserved partition which seems to mean it is from Windows but the main partition seems corrupted. We can try to use the Paragon software to repair it

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

NTSF is a Windows format in case I wasn't clear

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

I can connect by remote and diagnose this issue. Or I can try to give you instructions. Let me know

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

Do you still need help with this you never replied?