Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Iphoto gave me messages several times that the library

Customer Question

My Iphoto gave me messages several times that the library was missing but when I clicked on it, it always reappeared until one day, I got the messages and can no longer find it. Could the library moved off the computer to an external hard drive?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have worked on this machine for 6 years.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No but I discovered my photo library was missing just after I accidentally unplugged my external hard drive.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I honestly don't know where to start.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have an external hard drive connected right now. From what I can see my drive has erased what was on it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mac Version 10.6.8

Without the external drive: use this article to look for it until you hit the recovery software.

If it is not there, put in the external drive and do these steps again.

http://www.scanyourentirelife.com/resources/iphoto/photos-disappeared-missing/how-locate-missing-original-iphoto-photo-library-file-computer/

Update me with results to continue.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry. These searches are going to take me a long time and I am going to have to stop working with you. Thank you.

That is fine. You can always update if you want to continue. They are very short steps. If you want a tech

to remote in and do this for you later, you have that option as well.

Good luck and have a great day.

~Franklin